Resources for bereaved parents
If your baby has died, this is a devastating loss for you and your family. We are working hard to develop bereavement supports and resources for families whose baby has died some of which are outlined below.
We have produced a suite of information booklets on baby loss. Two of these booklets aim to offer support and guidance to you as bereaved parents who have experienced loss of your baby (babies). You can download them below:
- When your baby has died: a guide to coping with grief and loss
- Loss in a multiple pregnancy: a guide for parents to coping with grief and loss
We have also developed two booklets which contain a collection of 20 short stories written by bereaved parents about life after loss of their baby or babies.
- Download “A memoir of life after loss in a singleton pregnancy”
- Download “A memoir of life after loss in a multiple pregnancy”
In addition, we have developed a guide for bereaved parents, which offers guidance about parenting your surviving twin or triplet (s).
Books for children about loss of a baby brother or sister
- Where are you Lydie? by Emma Poore
- ‘The Story Of…’ personalised books
- We Were Gonna Have a Baby, But We Had an Angel Instead by Pat Schwiebert
- Someone Came Before You by Pat Schwiebert
- Perfectly Imperfect Family by Amie Lands
- Something happened by Cathy Blanford
- These Precious Little People by Frankie Brunker
- Always My Twin by Valerie Samuels
- I’ll Always Be a Premmie Twin by Nicki Cooper
- Two Little Monkeys by Kimberly Jackson